The Adventure Begins


Well, I did it. I jumped off the cliff. I gave notice at my job last week. I decided that I'm not going to wait for the right time to start being a full time artist - I'm just going to be a full time artist.
I keep trying to rationalize it (to myself) and justify it (for everyone else), but it comes down to believing that I can do it. I'm already doing a lot of the work that needs to be done, I just need to continue and even step it up.
What's on the horizon:
-Expanding my workshops - continuing the encaustic workshops (possibly adding a 2-day version) and adding bookmaking workshops
-Raising my workshop prices (I haven't been charging enough)
-New studio space - and when I move I will possibly offer even more classes - drawing and painting for adults and children. Maybe even gallery/retail space
-Some sort of craft endeavor with Etsy or my potential retail space - possibly selling my collage boxes, handmade books, etc
-Possibly teaching as an adjunct at one of the area universities
-Volunteer activities - for my local art league and other groups
-Waxy Buildup show with Trayc Claybrook - we're sending out proposals, looking for a venue for our two-woman show
-maybe even turn this blog into a book
So I feel like I definitely have lots of things in the works!
I also have an idea for a whole new series of work and I want to start making books again and I want to start doing some acrylic painting again... I'm so energized and excited that I just can't wait to get started on everything!
Thank you to everyone who has left such great comments. Thanks to Mary for the encouraging email - I love how you called your life as a working artist an adventure - the inspiration for the title of this post.
I will keep you posted!
 
© 2009 artist info and museum | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Framework | Design: Choen