SOME NEWS AND MORE

Dear Readers,
Some news for you, good and bad. First, the bad: Someone just notified me that the Mayer Foundation, which helps people in need, including artists, has been so flooded with applications this year that they no longer have funding for 2009. I don't know what the situation is yet for 2010. Also, I wanted to tell you that it was brought to my attention that the Fulbright Traditional Scholar Program deadline is October 1st, not the 20th. The October 20th deadline is for graduate students and artists, writers, etc. who have been out of school less than five years.

The good news is that, although the Mayer Foundation has suspended grants for 2009, many other foundations are still funding artists. Please check my links on the right-hand side bar for other organizations that offer emergency funding or funding for creative projects. The other good news is personal. This week the Free Press (Simon & Schuster) purchased my illustrated memoir, The Memory Palace. I don't know what the publication date will be yet but I'm sure it won't come out until at least 2010. I'll keep you posted! I'll be setting up another blog and website down the road for that project in case any of you are interested.

Best Wishes,
Mira
 
© 2009 artist info and museum | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Framework | Design: Choen