A NOTE ON GRANTS FOR NON-PROFIT ARTS ORGANIZATIONS

Hello again.
I've been getting a few requests lately regarding funding for non-profit arts organizations so I thought I'd address this subject briefly. I just added something about this on my FAQs. Anyway, to all you non-profit organizations out there and to those who would like to start a non-profit, I unfortunately don't post about organizational grants. I only post opportunities for individuals. Sorry about that. It's a huge task as it is and I really try to limit my focus. That said, what I do know is that funding is very tough in the U.S. right now, due to the crash, and although some things are looking up, it is such a time of flux that, for those of you who really want to start a non-profit from scratch, you might want to wait out the storm a bit and see how the next few months go. It is very hard to get funding for new non-profits in the first three years. Foundations like to see stability and this is not a stable time. I don't want to burst your bubble or crush anyone's dream, I'm just a realist at heart. So do your research but be a bit cautious. Aside from that, good luck!
Best wishes,
Mira
 
© 2009 artist info and museum | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Framework | Design: Choen